Monday, January 1, 2007

07

So the new year is here. I spent NYE watching cop movies with Dave. Awesome. For this, I missed a few parties. No regrets. Can you believe I had never seen a single Dirty Harry flick? Well, now I have. I feel warm and safe knowing that I'm in this brotherhood of man.

Here's some of the film/script ideas I hope to have in the bag in 365 days:

The Pact- 5 humans and 1 wolf make a pact at the tail end of the last ice age- to refuse death, forever. 40,000 years later, one of the humans chooses death, sending the rest of the group into a spiral of self doubt, as they evaluate their accomplishments.

The Benjamite- In Judah, a wealthy landowner is murdered, prompting calls for an investigation. King David is reluctant to investigate the crime, knowing that he stands to lose favour with the powerful Levites if they're found culpable- but he feels the pressure from his own tribe to act. Erez, a criminal from Benjamin, is called in by a deteriorating David to investigate the matter, leading Erez into the seamy underbelly of Biblical Israel.

I have a few other ideas battering around, but these are the two i want to work on this year, and ultimately, have under my arm when I go "Out There" into movieland. I'm dreaming, and I know it, but that's how it starts- with dreams. And hard work, from what I understand, but I'm hoping that's a myth.

No comments: