Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Feeling Good

Dad went in for gall bladder surgery yesterday. He's up now, doing well. Praise be to Allah, or what-have-you. I went and visited him last night, where I found out the following:

1. My mom is really horrible. She had been caught in the hospital toilets earlier that day, smoking. On the other hand, it was her 60th birthday yesterday, and she was at the Alfred waiting for her husband to get out of surgery. I'd cut her some slack, but this is hardly an isolated incident.

2. My sister and her fiancee lost their cat a few weeks ago. We're all pretty upset about it. Riley was one of a pair of kittens my Mom took in. Riley went to my brother and I, but I was allergic. So Riley went and lived with Ilan and Jamie, who loved him very much. After he went missing, Mom gave Ilan and Jamie his brother, Nudnik. They'd had him for two days, when one of Ilan's idiot friends left the door open and he escaped. So now that's 2 cats that have gone missing for my sister. Not happy fun times. Also, Nudnik was legitimitely addicted to cigarettes. It sounds kinda cute, and it was for a while- we'd see him at my parents place, knocking over packets of smokes and feasting on the innards. Then we realized- he's been playing with and eating butts from ashtrays, and now he's addicted. Fuck.

3. My legs are getting better.

I had my first Omega Team meeting for quite a while yesterday. We basically all agreed that the project is in limbo, but no-one was too upset about it. We're gonna revisit the project in March/April.

I've been working on Estherella, the Purim spiel I'm writing. I'm actually enjoying it. It'll be accompanied by musical cues, sound effects and powerpoint slides, which is a medium that I think has a lot of potential. I've seen Dave Gorman pull it off well, and the photoshop stuff they do on The Daily Show and Late Night with Conan O'Brien is similar. If this goes well, I wanna start writing some more stage stuff in this medium...

No comments: