Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Part 2

So I've broken my lease, and most of my valuables are in stow at my parents place...unfortunately, I cannot live with my folks, because there's a cat and cigarette smoke in the house, and after a few hours I can't breathe at all.

So I went to stay with my sister and her fiancee (Jamie and Ilan, who are already in my hall of fame). They've been occupying a very large house with lots of room for a while, and welcomed me warmingly. Unfortunately, they also have a cat. I figured that it wouldn't be so bad, because the house is big and they don't smoke in there. No such luck.

Around 12:30 last night, I was left unable to breathe. I had hit the puffer about 5 times, and it was having no effect. I got dressed, and headed back to Parkville.

So I got in. Everything was cleaned up, as my neighbour had promised. I still locked every door and left a baseball bat within easy access to my bed.

So right now, I'm a little bit fuxored. I have to find a place as soon as possible, and at least move my bed in. Then, over the next 27 days, I have to start moving stuff from 3 locations- Parkville, my sisters, and my parents.

I don't know why, but this is not getting me down. It's kinda exciting. It's remarkable how resourceful and focused one becomes when thrown into a quick crisis. I'm not that focused usually, so it's a pleasant change.

All the same, it kinda sucks.

No comments: