Saturday, January 6, 2007

Woe

Not feeling 1000% at the moment. Hasn't been a great start to the New Year. Here's a brief list of little niggling troubles.

1. Money. I'm about $8000 in the hole right now. I'll be out in a few months, but it just sucks right now. I'm behind on my rent.

2. Half of my house is in darkness. A fuse blew, leaving the half of my place with no lights. I can vaguely remember how to replace a fuse, but I want more than vague notions when dealing with volts.

3. I'm sore. From the Jiu Jitsu. I know this is a precursor to a positive thing, namely, getting in better shape. But still. I just sneezed, and my body seized up in agony. I'm not even farting quite right.

4. I have to start working on this Purim thing very soon, and I haven't a damn clue what I'm doing. I have a feeling the whole thing could end up being an enormous clusterfuck.

5. I was invited to dinner at my mother's next week, for her birthday. I haven't seen much of my folks for a few months now, and I'm not thrilled about seeing them at all. I've run out of patience with them, and it concerns me that that doesn't concern me.

And that's about it. So now the positive.

1. Things going well with Lana.

2. My house is very clean. Everything nice and tidy.

3. Working internet connection.

People have had worse. But that never exactly makes it ok, does it? Knowing that your situation, your troubles, are immaterial when sized up against the troubles of the rest of the world. I mean, my troubles are still enough to have me up at 3 am, unable to sleep (also, the heat).

No comments: