Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Fingers...hurting

Just came back from my second ever training session with the Jiu Jitsu. Holy cum. I nearly blacked out at one point.

I've fainted once. It was about 2 years ago. I was doing boxing at the time (no competition, just for fitness) and after one particularly intense session, passed out while paying for the class. That was bad. I woke up a few minutes later, with paramedics around me.

I've been working out, on and off, for years now. I generally go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, and try to go hard- running, deep knee bends, weights, that sort of thing. But I never once had that feeling like I was going to pass out.

I had that feeling tonight.

After rolling around for 15 minutes or so with a guy about my size, I stood up and almost barfed. I walked around for a few seconds, before sitting and feeling the room spin. 10 minutes later, I was okay to go again. This time, I rolled with a guy about 7 feet tall (not an exaggeration) and about 100 kilos. He had me pinned within 30 seconds most of the time. He pulled this one move on me called a triangle hold- basically, he puts one leg around my neck, the other under my arm, and pulls my arm in across my throat to fucking kill me. That sucked in all sorts of ways.

The main thing that hurts is my fingertips. Gripping a Gi (or kimono, si vous prefere) hurts. I have to stop biting my nails, because it weakens them.

So I'm going back tomorrow night...

No comments: