Sunday, January 14, 2007

Walking? Fuhgeddaboutit

BJJ takes it's toll. On Friday night, we were asked to do walking lunges around the studio. 300, to be exact. Then, we had to fireman-lift a colleague and carry him 10 times, back and forth, across the studio. Then, 5 x 8 minute rounds of wrestling.

I can't walk. Not an exaggeration. My quads are in a permanent state of being flexed, and walking down stairs is taking forever. I can't lift my leg to a 90 degree angle. It's so. Bloody. Sore.

I'm not too worried, because chances are it's just a bad case of D.O.M.S (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). But that was Friday, and it's now Monday, and if anything, it's getting worse. If it hasn't started to go away in the next 48 hours, I might have to see a doctor.

Parents, don't let your children do 300 lunges.

No comments: